L to R: Ryley Strand (Chaplin), Danielle Larson (Leader), Dan Shepherd (Medic), Josiah MacKay (Treasurer), Becca Bouma (Logistics)

Monday, January 3, 2011

Here we go!!

Well, this is it! It's 12:45am Alberta Time, and I'm being reckless and irresponsible by neglecting myself of sleep! Just kidding. In less than 5 hours, Ryley and I will be heading out to Edmonton International Airport where we'll meet the rest of the team. Then at about 8:40am, we'll be flying away! It's been crazy how much time has flown! Right now I still feel unprepared. I really don't want to go into this new culture and socially "freeze" up. I hate that feeling. But hopefully, by the grace of God, I'll be able to adjust... very quickly.
All there is to say now is thank you! Thank you for your prayers, your donations, and for taking the time to read this blog. We'll all do our best to keep everyone up to date with events from Moshi! If we don't update over the next three weeks, then that could only mean two things: 1.) We all got to Jesus before you did. Or 2.) We have little to no internet connection. I think the latter is most likely... hopefully. ;P
I'm excited. I'm nervous. I'm ready. I'm unprepared. God... let's do this!

Peace be with you all!

Dan

3 comments:

  1. Dan, you'll all do great. People are much the same no matter where you travel. I think you'll be blessed by how warm and welcoming the people of Moshi will be. Just open your heart to them and their country and God will show you amazing things.

    We are praying for you. Not an hour goes by where we don't think of you and love on you. And remember, SHINE! Love you, mom xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea! This is going to be a great trip for you all!! We're thinking and praying for you - enjoy Africa!!!!

    ReplyDelete